Saturday, December 6, 2014

Chinese fried rice with plantain spring rolls


This absolutely scrumptious fried rice with plantain crust spring rolls is one you
will want to make constantly, switching vegetables and adding seafood or just a simple vegetarian dish.  Chinese food is one of my favorite meals and if I can make it healthy, it's worth not going out to get it, especially knowing how unhealthy most restaurants make it. Consider all of the unhealthy fats they use, the high amounts of sodium, and unhealthy carbs.  I would rather have this often knowing I'm doing my body good and truly enjoying my meal.

The ingredients for the fried rice will be highlighted below and the plantain spring roll recipe will be in the next blog post:

This recipe is for 2 people.

Make 1/2 cup of quinoa and set aside.

While the quinoa is cooking, take a pan on medium heat and grease it with a half of a teaspoon of grass fed butter and one half of a teaspoon of coconut oil .  Add organic boneless chicken, cut up into small cubes, sprinkle with salt (i use himalayan salt) and add to the pan, close the lid and let cook for 20 minutes.  Open lid and add one quarter of a large onion chopped up, close lid and let it cook for 3 minutes.  Open lid and add 1 cup of peas, 6 white mushrooms, a teaspoon miso paste, a sprinkle of chili reds (this one is optional, it depends how spicy you like it) a dash of salt, a dash of black pepper, and a dash of paprika.

When I say a dash, I mean like a quick sprinkle all around the top of the dish, but if you want more or less than that it's optional.  Also add a tablespoon of sechuan sauce and a tablespoon of soy sauce. I use gluten free.  Close lid for 5 minutes on medium, open up, add 5 slices of jalapenos and toss, add the quinoa and toss it around. In a small pan scramble some organic eggs and add to the mix.and done!

I do use other vegetables at times like bok choy, sprouts, carrots, etc... you can totally be creative with this dish.  The great thing is you are getting your protein, good fats and loads of vegetables.

I serve it with my delicious spring rolls made with plantain dough and it is so satisfying! Stay tuned for the next post where I will give the recipe for these sweet delights!









No comments:

Post a Comment