Sunday, August 3, 2014

Skinsational smoothie


There are a number of foods that will naturally add youth and health to your biggest organ, your skin, when consumed on a regular basis.  I chose a few of them for my smoothie, although I do switch what I put in it all of the time because most fruits, vegetables and nuts are excellent choices. I make this one smoothie that makes me glow right after I drink it.

Notes: have your almond milk ready, the recipe is in one of my previous posts under nut milks.  An hour before you make this, soak a tablespoon of chia seeds in just enough water to cover them. Buy fresh organic blueberries and freeze a cup overnight, also freeze 6 grapes.

In your blender add:

1. 8 oz almond milk-  very rich in Vitamin E and protein (save the almond meal when you make it for a facial mask)

2. One quarter of a hass avocado or one half of a quarter of a big Florida avocado-  Rich in fatty acids and antioxidants- known to increase collagen production and target wrinkles, also if you scrape and mash the pulp closest to the skin, use it as a mask.

3. 1 cup organic blueberries- full of antioxidants

4. 6 organic grapes (any color is fine, but the deeper the color, the better) make sure you include the seed and skin, they are the most beneficial containing resveratrol, known to fight aging and increase longetivity.

5. 1 tablespoon raw honey- besides ingesting it, it is a great topical solution for cleansing sensitive skin, treating dry skin, and even treating acne.

6. 1 quarter of a cucumber- excellent skin hydrator

7. 1 half cup of organic kale- rich source of lutein which is known to reduce wrinkles

8. 6 small ice cubes or 3 large ones

9. I always stir in my chia seeds in my smoothie after it is done but if you do not like the consistency of them just take the soaked chia seeds and remove the excess water and add to other ingredients in the blender- chia seeds nourishes your cells with its high source of omega 3 which makes your skin glow and keeps toxins out.  

Blend well until smooth. Pour and add a straw!

No comments:

Post a Comment