Monday, August 4, 2014

Strawberry Daiquiri Smoothie




I was experimenting in my kitchen and when I took a sip, first thing I said was "Oh my!! this tastes like a strawberry daiquiri" The funny thing is the fennel with its licorice flavor makes it taste like it's spiked, what a wonderful surprise, haha!!

NOTE: freeze your pineapple and strawberries overnight.  You can buy ground flax seeds or make your own by using a coffee grinder or like I do, grind it in my blender.  

Recipe:

In your blender add:

1. 6 oz of cherry juice (when you pick your cherry juice make sure on the label it is 100% organic cherry juice, no sweeteners or other preservatives) 

2. 4 oz of organic, fresh squeezed orange juice

3. 2 oz of kefir (if you are not well informed on kefir, i will be writing an entire post on this amazing probiotic cultured food.  There is even a simple recipe I will share to make at home kefir, but for now you can buy the organic plain kefir and if the bottle is swollen, it's even better, it is a perfectly fermented food so it should swell.  
4. 1 cup of organic kale

5. 2 oganic fennel stems

6. 1/2 cup of organic parsley

7. 1 tablespoon of raw honey

8. 1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds

9. 1 quarter of a small organic beet

10. 1 quarter of a hass avocado, or half of a quarter of a large Florida avocado

11. 1 cup of the frozen pineapple

12. 1 cup of the frozen strawberries

13. 1 whole freshly squeezed lime

I added no ice cubes to this one since the frozen fruit did the job perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment